Saturday, February 25, 2012

please help: 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full

Hi, all,
I got the error message 'Could not allocate space for
object 'B_Table' in database 'UDB' because the 'PRIMARY'
filegroup is full..' and I check the error log file there
is error message like this 'C:\MSSQL7\data\UDB_Data.MDF:
Operating system error 112(There is not enough space on
the disk.) But the truth is there still is 44G free space.
Both the data and log files are setting auto grow 10%.
why I get this kind of error? how can i fix it?
Thanks!
HawkHello Hawk!
1.Could it be that there are quotas on the disk ? Therefore, remove qutoas
for the SystemAccount you are starting SQL Server with. (What does the event
log say ?)
(2.If not, try to resize the data file via QA and scrpt code using ALTER
Database.
3.If This doesn´t do the right thing, add another data file to the primary
file group and try to get around. (but remeber, this is only a woraround,
not the best idea, it is only to test the case that the file could not be
resized))
Jens Süßmeyer.
"hawk" <abchawk@.hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:01c401c36671$a339fd10$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> Hi, all,
> I got the error message 'Could not allocate space for
> object 'B_Table' in database 'UDB' because the 'PRIMARY'
> filegroup is full..' and I check the error log file there
> is error message like this 'C:\MSSQL7\data\UDB_Data.MDF:
> Operating system error 112(There is not enough space on
> the disk.) But the truth is there still is 44G free space.
> Both the data and log files are setting auto grow 10%.
> why I get this kind of error? how can i fix it?
> Thanks!
> Hawk|||To make it bigger, use
ALTER DATABASE xxx
MODIFY FILE...
Info in Books Online.
Or use EM, Properties for the DB and specify a bigger size for the file.
To shrink, yes, use DBCC SHRINKFILE. I do not recommend regular shrinking. That just mean that the
db jumps up and down in size which is a costly operation.
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
Archive at: http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&as ugroup=microsoft.public.sqlserver
"Hawk" <abchawk@.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0e9501c36722$2c3362e0$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> Hi, Dan, Thank you very much.
> If my Data File size is 4.2GB right now and I get the
> primary filegroup is full. then I should resize the data
> file bigger, for example resize to 6.0GB or 7.0GB,right?
> Could I use DBCC DHRINKFILE to shrink the data file?
> I don't know what should I do to down size the data file
> or resize it bigger.
> Thank you very much.
> Have a good one
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment