Monday, February 20, 2012

Please Help, I need information about restoring!

Help!!! Help !!! Help !!!!

I have really done it this time. I ran a delete statement in the query analyzer and I did not see what tables were link to the table I was deleting from. But the table was linked to two other tables and the delete statement cascaded deleting information from other tables that is needed. I need to restore that information without losing the records that were added before and after the delete. The last back up that I have seen was 10/9/02 at 3:34 am. Is there anyway that I can restore the data I lost and keep the new data added after the last backup.I believe you will need to backup the log with NO_TRUNCATE and then using the restore example:

RESTORE DATABASE MyNwind
FROM MyNwind_1_DBBackup
WITH NORECOVERY
GO
RESTORE LOG MyNwind
FROM MyNwind_log1
WITH RECOVERY, STOPAT = 'Jul 1, 1998 10:00 AM'
GO

Need to look into Books-On-Line

No comments:

Post a Comment