Monday, February 20, 2012

Please Help! Service Pack update Cannot Verify User with SA login

I have SQL 2000 that has Service Pack 3 installed. So I installed Analysis
Services & Manager,Decision Service Objects and Client Components. Afterwards
I tried to run the update that MS put out for Analysis Services and in the
install you have two options: Use user logged on authentication or use SQL
authentication and provide the SA password. I do this and it always says it
could not verify user even though I have even changed the password and know
that it is correct. I am running SQL in Mixed Mode Authentication if this
makes a difference?Also, Service Pack 3 was already installed on this server for SQL, But
Analysis Services and Manager was not. So I installed them. So Do I still
need to run the update. There are 3 different files for updateing SQL. 1.
Database Components
2. Analysis Services
3. Desktop Engine
But I get the error that I mentioned when I run the analysis update!
"Jay" wrote:
> I have SQL 2000 that has Service Pack 3 installed. So I installed Analysis
> Services & Manager,Decision Service Objects and Client Components. Afterwards
> I tried to run the update that MS put out for Analysis Services and in the
> install you have two options: Use user logged on authentication or use SQL
> authentication and provide the SA password. I do this and it always says it
> could not verify user even though I have even changed the password and know
> that it is correct. I am running SQL in Mixed Mode Authentication if this
> makes a difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment