Saturday, February 25, 2012

Please help.. can't find how to administer userr accounts

I'm trying to administer permissions for other users so that reports can be
viewed remotely.
I'm told to go to http://myserver/reportserver but I get this error: The
permissions granted to user 'MyServer\IUSR_MyCompany' are insufficient for
performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)
I'm told to go to http://myserver/reports and I do get a SSRS home page but
nothing on it to do anything with.
I'm told to launch SS Mgmt Studio, go into Reporting Services and
right-click on the Home folder and click Properties. I do this but then
there's nothing in there for me to work with.
Can anyone please tell me what's going on and how I can get in and
andminister user permissions?
Thanks for any help!
RonIt sounds to me like one of two things. Either you web has anonymous turned
on. If so, then all users are anonymous and no user can administer the
website.
Two, anyone who is in the local administrators group of the server can
administer RS. Are you a member of that group?
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Ronald S. Cook" <rcook@.westinis.com> wrote in message
news:u2JLWqaWHHA.3568@.TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> I'm trying to administer permissions for other users so that reports can
> be viewed remotely.
> I'm told to go to http://myserver/reportserver but I get this error: The
> permissions granted to user 'MyServer\IUSR_MyCompany' are insufficient for
> performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)
> I'm told to go to http://myserver/reports and I do get a SSRS home page
> but nothing on it to do anything with.
> I'm told to launch SS Mgmt Studio, go into Reporting Services and
> right-click on the Home folder and click Properties. I do this but then
> there's nothing in there for me to work with.
> Can anyone please tell me what's going on and how I can get in and
> andminister user permissions?
> Thanks for any help!
> Ron
>
>
>
>|||Thanks Bruce.. I'll check those things. I appreciate the help.
"Bruce L-C [MVP]" <bruce_lcNOSPAM@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23WO9KwaWHHA.388@.TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> It sounds to me like one of two things. Either you web has anonymous
> turned on. If so, then all users are anonymous and no user can administer
> the website.
> Two, anyone who is in the local administrators group of the server can
> administer RS. Are you a member of that group?
>
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> "Ronald S. Cook" <rcook@.westinis.com> wrote in message
> news:u2JLWqaWHHA.3568@.TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> I'm trying to administer permissions for other users so that reports can
>> be viewed remotely.
>> I'm told to go to http://myserver/reportserver but I get this error: The
>> permissions granted to user 'MyServer\IUSR_MyCompany' are insufficient
>> for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)
>> I'm told to go to http://myserver/reports and I do get a SSRS home page
>> but nothing on it to do anything with.
>> I'm told to launch SS Mgmt Studio, go into Reporting Services and
>> right-click on the Home folder and click Properties. I do this but then
>> there's nothing in there for me to work with.
>> Can anyone please tell me what's going on and how I can get in and
>> andminister user permissions?
>> Thanks for any help!
>> Ron
>>
>>
>>
>>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment