Saturday, February 25, 2012

Please Help: SQL service cannot start

Hi
I created an account to run MS SQL services and give logon
locally and log on as service permission. Installation was
successful with this service account.
After a few hours later, SQL Agent service hang and cannot
restart. Error message is applicaion fail to initialize.
Therefore MS SQL server service also cannot restart.
When I use LocalSystem to start SQL services, everything
is fine.But I need to use service account because of
security reasons.
When I login with this service account, it immedialy
logout. I cannot login at all.
MS SQL 2000 standard edition with SP3.
Any suggestion is appreciated.
ThanksHi,
Add the user to "power users" group and try.
Thanks
Hari
MCDBA
"Ben" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:00a101c3b6a0$e3136eb0$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> Hi
> I created an account to run MS SQL services and give logon
> locally and log on as service permission. Installation was
> successful with this service account.
> After a few hours later, SQL Agent service hang and cannot
> restart. Error message is applicaion fail to initialize.
> Therefore MS SQL server service also cannot restart.
> When I use LocalSystem to start SQL services, everything
> is fine.But I need to use service account because of
> security reasons.
> When I login with this service account, it immedialy
> logout. I cannot login at all.
> MS SQL 2000 standard edition with SP3.
> Any suggestion is appreciated.
> Thanks
>|||If when you login using thi sacount your session is terminated there is =clearly something wrong withthe account in some way. have you checked =the event log after your failed loginattempt - any error message =displayed?
Mike john
"Ben" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =news:00a101c3b6a0$e3136eb0$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> Hi
> > I created an account to run MS SQL services and give logon > locally and log on as service permission. Installation was > successful with this service account.
> > After a few hours later, SQL Agent service hang and cannot > restart. Error message is applicaion fail to initialize.
> Therefore MS SQL server service also cannot restart.
> When I use LocalSystem to start SQL services, everything > is fine.But I need to use service account because of > security reasons.
> > When I login with this service account, it immedialy > logout. I cannot login at all. > > MS SQL 2000 standard edition with SP3.
> > Any suggestion is appreciated.
> > Thanks
> >|||Hi ben,
If i understand properly, this is what you need... please
refer the article -
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=283811
it clearly says what permissions u need for the os level
id to start sqlserver.
but to have a short cut - please have an id in the
administrator's group to start mssql server if u do not
want to start with localsystem
regards,
bharath
mcdba
>--Original Message--
>Hi,
>Add the user to "power users" group and try.
>Thanks
>Hari
>MCDBA
>
>"Ben" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>news:00a101c3b6a0$e3136eb0$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
>> Hi
>> I created an account to run MS SQL services and give
logon
>> locally and log on as service permission. Installation
was
>> successful with this service account.
>> After a few hours later, SQL Agent service hang and
cannot
>> restart. Error message is applicaion fail to initialize.
>> Therefore MS SQL server service also cannot restart.
>> When I use LocalSystem to start SQL services, everything
>> is fine.But I need to use service account because of
>> security reasons.
>> When I login with this service account, it immedialy
>> logout. I cannot login at all.
>> MS SQL 2000 standard edition with SP3.
>> Any suggestion is appreciated.
>> Thanks
>>
>
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment