Saturday, February 25, 2012

PLease Help, thanks!

Hello how can I upload my aspnetdb.mdf file which was created by defualt when i inserted some login controls to my site using visual web develpoer express. It tried to just upload it to my App_data folder on my server and I receive this error when I try to use the controls:

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

Could anyone please help or atleast point me in the right direction? I have been trying to fix this for several days and it is really getting frustrating. I apreciate it very much. Thank You!

GregAre you sure the SQL 2005 is installed on the server?|||Well, I think that is where the problem is. I know I opened and installed a SQL server on the server, actually they did it I just had to pick a username and password. It created a database named DB_63184 which I cannot change and the url to it is wh***-v**.prod.mesa*.secureserver.net. I dont know how to upload it though. I use godaddy.com hosting buy the way if that helps. Thanks

_________________________________________________________________________
Edited by moderator tmorton -- please do not reveal more about your servers and passwords than is absolutely necessary, and obfuscate wherever possible.|||

If you are using Godaddy hosting then you need to create the user/pass in the db control panel and to use them in your connectionstring!

Regards

|||I suppose you have used Godaddy? So if i create a password and username which I have already done, I can just copy the database to a folder on my hosting account and I will be able to connect to it?

No comments:

Post a Comment