Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Poor performance

Hi

I have the following structure:

At server, I have SQL Server 2005 with a database running in compability mode 8.0 (SQL 2000). At desktops (cliente side) I have SQL Server 2005 Express. The base on the desktops access the base on the server to a copy of data through Linked Server. Both bases are in compability mode 8.0.

This is my problem:

The copy of data using a ad-hoc query INSERT INTO LOCAL-DATABASE ... SELECT .... FROM REMOTE-DATABASE (WAN) takes much more time than if I use MSDE in the desktops.

I would like to know what problem can be cause this delay.

Thanks

Did you check 'Collation Compatible' option in the linked server options?

|||

Yes I did. This option is defined "FALSE". Is It right?

Tks

|||It should be set to TRUE.

No comments:

Post a Comment